Monday, November 2, 2009

To Be, Or Not To Be....

"'To be, or not to be? That is the question...'

But Shakespeare was wrong.

Knowing that I am a child of God, what need I do

and be to live up to this potential... That is the question!"

President Dieter F. Uchtdorf

So there was a CES Fireside on Sunday night. It was such an amazing talk. President Uchtdorf is such a great speaker. He is so filled with love. His talk was filled with just about everything I needed to hear! I love my gospel so much! I can't get enough of it. I want to read the talks given by the Apostles of the Lord all the time. I love hearing their words. I love reading the scriptures. It brings me such great comfort to just sit and read what my Savior has to say to me. I love it. I love the feelings of happiness that never cease to fill my heart when I am seeking after the word of God. I love how loving and gentle our Prophets are. They are so hopeful about every subject they touch on. Love is a large part of my core being. I thrive off of love, the feelings that love brings, the warmness of feeling loved and wanted, and cared for. President Uchtdorf talked about being happy and finding joy in our lives. I have heard it again and again. We can choose to be happy. Our Father in Heaven wants us to be happy, and we can ultimately choose that happiness. That is something that I am still working on in my life. I love to be happy, but sometimes it just doesn't seem like the easy thing to do. But as some of us heard in the talk on Sunday night, we can all choose to be happy. There it was again... choice... agency. I love this gospel of hope and love.

2 comments:

Carol Joy said...

:) Too true. Great fireside ay? LOVED it!

Kennedy McIntosh said...

Yeah sooooo good!