Wednesday, November 4, 2009

We thought she was a black girl!!!

So tonight was the first UNC Bears Boys Basketball game! My boyfriend Hauns is on the team! So obviously I went to see him play! Not only did I watch him play but I sang the National Anthem for the game! I was really nervous... but in the end it was pretty great! The team was standing there and they all cheered for me when I was done. So after the game my friend Yahosh, who is also a member of the church and on the team, told me that some of the guys were talking about my singing. I guess they were like, "Oh that is Hauns' girl???? She sounds like a black girl!" I am sure they said this because I did a couple of runs in the song... not like crazy ones... just threw in some fun stuff (mostly because Hauns really likes it when I do that stuff!) haha So I have come to the conclusion that if you just close your eyes and listen to me sing I am a black girl! Haha Crazy boys! My friend Jill was saying I try and tone down my blackness... which is why I look white! Haha sooooo great!

Anyway, the boys won! It was like 111 to 58 or something. We played Western State. They had some pretty good players. They had this guy who was like hitting every single 3 pointer he would shoot. That was in the first half... in the second half I don't think he made one! Sad day! We also discovered the crush of the week! Jill had a crush on one of the boys on the other team! Haha But our guys played really well! Hauns went in at the end of the first half! He didn't score any points. But in the second half he played quite a bit. He scored 5 points, had some pretty sweet rebounds, and just hussled in general! I am sure as time goes by he will get more playing time in the future! But he did so well, I am very proud of him! It was his first game in like two years. He just recently got back from a mission in Taiwan. So he did well for not playing a game in long time! I loved watching him play and I can't wait for another home game!

And just to throw this out there... Michael Buble's new CD is pretty freaking amazing! I love it! LIsten to it if you know what is good for you! My favorite song is "Haven't Met You Yet"! Sooooo good! Watch the music video! You will love it!


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AJmKkU5POA

6 comments:

Unknown said...

i think the proper slang term is "creamy". i'm not sure if it is derogatory, but if it is . . . you can call me cracker. hauns had 7 rebounds. ;)

Fiona said...

OH ken that is sooooooo funny!!!!

Kennedy McIntosh said...

Fiiiii when are you posting a new entry???

Natalie said...

hahaha totally! wish i coulda heard you

Fiona said...

I will post a new entry soon i just havent had time!!! Love ya! Cant wait to see u!Oh ya i have a band concert on December 2! Wnat to come???

Kennedy McIntosh said...

Fiona, I can't I have school that day! I am totally bummed! Dang! Well I love you! Post something soon!