Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Don't go away...

So this last weekend was one of the most uplifting weekends of my life! I had the opportunity to listen to the Prophet and Apostles of our church! On Saturday I got ready and went to the church to watch conference. I didn't want to stay home because there were a lot of distractions at my house, and I just felt like I really needed to go to the church to focus on it. The first session was just amazing! I went to conference thinking of questions I had, and things in my life that I needed help with. Boy, were all of my worries and prayers answered! It was amazing! After the first session I had the opportunity to sing at a baptism with my mom. I love singing with her! The baptism was so wonderful, and there was such a sweet spirit there as well. After the baptism I went to the second session with my brother Aidan. (I love him so much! He is such a sweet brother!) That session was just as good as the first one, and again, I was definitely uplifted! On Sunday I stayed home and watched conference with my family. After it was over we watched a movie about Emma Smith! She was a great woman.

So the themes of conference that I saw were:
1. Finding hope and faith in our lives.
2. Family's and a lot about MOTHERS!
3. Trials, and how to work through them.

I loved that there were so many talks about mothers. I love my mom so much, and I love the way she raised me. She is just so wonderful! I don't remember who said it, but one of the Apostles said that Motherly love was the closest love to the Saviors love. I just LOVED that quote. Haha so full of love!

Anyway, I realized in my life that I just really need to have the Spirit with me always. I feel so empty and sad when I don't have it with me. So I am striving to be better in my scripture study and prayers. I don't ever want the feeling I had this past weekend to go away. It is too uplifting to leave!